Accounting Clerk manages money paid by guests for their lodging accommodations and any other fees they may incur during their stay, including parking, valet, room service and telephone or computer use fees.
• Reconciling daily cash submissions from the various departments in the hotel and for consolidating the bank deposits daily.
• Ensuring that all cash-handling employees have adequate monetary change throughout their work shifts.
• Performing house bank audits as required by the Company’s policies and procedures to ensure the safeguarding of all hotel cash.
• Counting and verifying daily cash receipts that are submitted from individual cashiers.
• Reconciling all cash receipts to the PMS system and completing or assisting in the completion of the daily cash over and short report.
• Consolidating and preparing the daily bank deposits in a timely manner
• Providing monetary change to personnel with hotel floats. Issue due-backs to hotel cashiers as required
• Performing a daily count of the main house bank and document all of these results. Sending a copy to the appropriate accounting manager. The total must include banks issued and must tie to the general ledger house bank account.
• Preparing and maintaining Over/Short Report by cashier on a daily basis and forward to Assistant Financial Controller and respective Department Heads on weekly basis.
• Maintaining a daily cash over/short log.
• Maintaining current house bank agreements.
• Issuing cashier safety deposit boxes for bank safekeeping, as required.
• Controlling and maintaining gift certificates and travel voucher inventories.
• Making petty cash disbursements according to established guidelines.
• Counting the General Cashier’s bank in the presence of another person (accounting staff and managers) as per policy - on weekly basis - and establishing all counts / discrepancies in order to be properly reported to the (Assistant) Financial Controller.
• Having a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Proficient in the English language (spoken & written), good knowledge of Azeri, Russian and Turkish
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours (24-hour operation, 7 days a week)
• Must have excellent written/verbal communication and Guest interpersonal skills
• Self-motivation and organizational skills and the ability to take initiatives
• Prior experience in hotels or customer service or an asset
• Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
• Must be always in professional appearance and presentation
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel, and e-mail
• Education: Minimum high school diploma. University or College degree is an asset
• Experience in a similar capacity is preferred
The interested candidates can apply online through www.fairmontcareers.com