If you are passionate about authentic hospitality and service, have relevant experience, can demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving, organizational and administrative skills, we have a great job opportunity for you as a Chef de Cuisine.
- Education degree – preference given to Hospitality or culinary-related degrees
- 1-2 years experience in the capacity of Sous Chef, ideally at Hyatt or other 5 star hotel company
- 2-3 years experience in Food and Beverage Culinary Division in a large high profile guest related property
- Able to ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
- Experienced in managing and training kitchen employees effectively to ensure a well-organized and motivated team
- Support brand standards through the training and performance appraisal of the culinary team
- Able to successful manage food cost controls to contribute to F&B revenue
- Professional knowledge of procurement and seasonality of products and ingredients
- Graduate degree in Culinary School or equivalent diploma in Professional Cookery
- To manage the assigned kitchen as an independent profit centre, in line with the outlet’s operating concept and Hyatt standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction while operating within budget, helping to ensure the financial success of the outlet.
- To develop, propose, describe and price menus that are appropriate for the outlet operation, the market and the desired business goals.
- To maintain and utilise other departmental and associate communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, etc.
- To ensure that all guest contact culinary associates in the outlet deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- To develop, write, test and follow standard recipes.
- To ensure that the outlet food cost is managed in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
- To assist in proactively managing costs.
- To establish the culinary standards for the outlet, overseeing the consistent implementation of the approved menu and training the associates as necessary in the preparation and presentation of each and every item.
- To be able to create special menus, suggest alternatives, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
- To monitor all outlet kitchen operations, especially during peak business periods, assisting and making adjustments where necessary.
- To make sure that all associates are up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
- To taste and monitor the food products served, providing feedback and adjusting where appropriate.
- To work closely with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained and that operating equipment is cared for to maximise its useful life and to minimise breakage.
- To maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations.
- To respond to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
E - mail : Hyattbaku.email@example.com