Azerbaijan Tourism Board (Milli Turizm Təbliğat Bürosu) is a newly established entity under the State Tourism Agency and is national tourism organization. Our core tasks include promoting Azerbaijan as a holiday destination, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
Experience Communications manager to oversee the work of key international PR agency partners. You will direct project teams, nurture media relationships, provide strategic guidance, and oversee media campaigns spanning all channels. Your experience and ability to independently manage in a pro-active, level-appropriate way is key to your success. Even better if you possess foreign language skills and/or have experience working with international partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as a day-to-day contact for retained public relations agencies, overseeing their work and directing their strategy in tandem with the Marketing and Brand Managers
• Leads or contributes to strategic plan development and implementation, ensuring KPI’s are met.
• Performs media relations activities including: Manages visiting journalist program and staffs FAMs as needed; responds to media inquiries; actively establishes and nurtures media relationships on behalf of the organization, regularly identifying new contacts and relevant story angles;
• Proactively reaches out to media to secure travel/lifestyle media coverage spanning print/television/digital channels; takes ownership over various media campaigns, seeing them through from conception to post-mortem reporting
• Responsible for content creation and social media management
• Ensure public views the organization favorably
• Develop relationships with key local and international stakeholders to secure and grow of media coverage, both locally and internationally
• Develop publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, articles, special projects and assignments.
• Managing Corporate Communications in crisis situations.
• Monitoring, maintaining and responding to public media inquiries.
• Monitoring, measuring and disseminating, both social and traditional, media mentions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years’ experience in Public Relations, Communications.
• The ideal candidate will be on the pulse of tourism culture, and have some level of familiarity with regions, local attractions and hotels.
• Prior travel, tourism or hospitality industry experience is preferred; candidates must have prior experience working full-time with a PR agency or in-house on a public relations/communications team.
• Adept at project management.
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Excellent Azerbaijan and English verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
• Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills.
• Proven supervisory experience and leadership skills a must.
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org until 04.11.2018.
Please indicate the name of the position (Communications Manager) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.