Position: Chef de Cuisine
About Intourist Hotel:
Located in the heart of Baku city and overlooking the waterfront boulevard, known as the National Park, this boutique hotel offers 150 alluring guest rooms and suites. With close proximity to major attractions, the hotel offers superb connections throughout the city. Intourist Hotel Baku revives an 80-year-old legacy, while bringing in the best of modern hospitality experience with its elegant rooms and suites and unique dining facilities.
Intourist Hotel Baku is managed by Absheron Hotel Group and is a part of Autograph Collection, Marriott’s brand featuring exclusive portfolio of upscale independent hotels and resorts. Absheron Hotel Group also manages Pik Palace and Park Chalet Hotels in Shahdag Mountain Resort and Boulevard Hotel Baku opening in 2015.
- To ensure that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are in an accurate and punctual manner.
- To develop menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the banqueting operation and outlet(s).
- To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To liaise with the Assistant chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Interacts with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
- Identifies Market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and Monitors and analyses the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Plans and implements effective food promotions in co-ordination with the Chefs office.
- To respond to change in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a five star hotel or related field preferred
- Banqueting experience
- Supervising, training and instructing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Anticipate guest’s needs and respond with congenial hospitality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Stress Management
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
This position offers a competitive career opportunity.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.