Fitness & Spa (Health Club) Manager
Reporting to: GM
Responsible for: All Fitness, spa, beauty staff and cleaners.
The Health Club Manager plays a very important role in the daily operations of our business. They are responsible for driving sales and overseeing the execution/implementation of key business initiatives for the Health Club. They oversee the day-to-day activities of our spa to ensure our customers and leisure members are consistently treated to an impeccable customer service experience, and that the operations run smoothly, efficiently and profitably.
In addition, the Health Club Manager has the responsibility for managing a team of fitness instructors, Beauty Therapists, Spa Assistants and cleaners. They will ensure that all policies/procedures have been clearly communicated and are adhered to, maintain positive employee relations and last but not least, ensure that we are staffed with team members who can deliver best practice and high standards in all areas and services.
Flexibility is important; this position will require availability to work varied shifts including weekends, evenings, holidays and sick cover.
• Lead, direct and supervise a team in creating an outstanding experience for the customer - ‘pampered to perfection’ so that customers are greeted in a professional, friendly, and timely manner
• Provide consistent high standards of customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and excellent leadership skills—own and manage the department!
• Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean environment.
• Deal with all membership enquiries, membership sales and renewals in line with prearranged targets and take and administer bookings and payments where necessary.
• Provide gym assessments and fitness programs for members and customers as required.
• Ensure all complaints are dealt with promptly and efficiently and in confidence, initiating corrective actions if required.
• Empower all team members to deal with customer complaints and develop and maintain compensation guidelines for customer complaint handling.
• Ensure all emails, website and Facebook enquiries are responded to within 2-4 hours of receipt, or less.
• Ensure all customer feedback (guest questionnaires, verbal comments, emails, etc) is used to inform changes in practice and provide staff training or corrective actions to ensure high standards are maintained.
• Consistently develop, promote and grow retail sales and services through training, tools and monitoring.
• Achieve financial objectives by monitoring annual, monthly, weekly memberships, day visitors and treatment bookings, flash reports and monthly and annual budget. Analyzing variances, and maximizing results in the area of sales, merchandising and operations.
• Analyze monthly, weekly, daily reports to create work schedules to ensure business targets and sales are being met.
• Promote personal training, classes and secondary spend areas where appropriate.
• Liaise with third party providers to increase brand awareness and revenue stream.
• Guide business decisions by staying on top of Spa industry trends.
• Maintain a strong menu of services with exceptional values.
• Ensure the Health Club is always staged for maximum buyer impact.
• Monitor appointments and bookings and highlight any problems or thoughts in business to the General Manager so that marketing strategies can be implemented to boost sales & bookings.
• Liaise with the Sales and Marketing Manager to develop the Health Clubs marketing strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed.
• Maintain and update all necessary internal and external signage and promotional literature.
• Create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales and customers (hotel guests, day visitors and members) together with staff itself.
• Maintain fresh, effective methods to consistently retain and grow customer database.
Health and Safety
• Ensure risk assessments are written for all areas of the spa and for all procedures, along with associated safe operating procedures.
• Ensure all spa staff is trained and receive regular updates on all risk assessments and safe operating procedures.
• Ensure pool plant room and daily pool monitoring checks and corrective measures are carried out and recorded according to company policies and procedures.
• Ensure monthly fire safety checks are carried out and corrective actions taken if necessary and present documentation to Managing Director at monthly health check meetings.
• Ensure health questionnaires are completed prior to administering beauty treatments and that individual client treatment records are maintained for all clients.
• Ensure all spa staff is trained as first aiders.
• Bachelor´s or master´s degree
• Fluent in Azerbaijani, English and Russian languages
• Proficient in all Microsoft desktop software
E - mail : firstname.lastname@example.org