Azerbaijan Tourism Board (Milli Turizm Təbliğat Bürosu) is a newly established entity under the State Tourism Agency and is national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the promoting Azerbaijan as a holiday destination, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
We are looking for a Cultural Heritage Manager based in Azerbaijan Tourism Board’s head-office in Baku.
The Manager is representing the interests of Azerbaijan Tourism Board in accordance with Azerbaijan’s tourism development strategy.
Cultural Heritage Manager:
• To keep control over the conservation, reconstruction and restoration actions over the cultural heritage according to national normative documents and to international guidelines and coordinating the activities on the related issues;
• To coordinate the operations over the cultural heritage management with related stakeholders and state authorities;
• Overseeing the implementation of all conservation work;
• Asses the physical and non-physical intervention on the affected monuments and cultural heritage pieces;
• To work with stakeholders to conduct awareness campaigns over conservation amongst local people, business persons, and tourists;
• To provide sustainable protection and the usage of monuments and cultural heritage;
• To propose the registration of the new monuments and cultural heritage pieces;
• To develop projects and proposals for the sustainable development of cultural heritage of the sites;
• Bachelor degree in Art or art related field like art history, conservation and monument studies etc. with 3 years’ work experiences in cultural heritage management;
• Or Master’s degree in Art or art related field like art history, conservation and monument studies etc. (US/UK and Australian Universities are preferred) with 1-year experience in the related areas;
• Fluent in Azeri and English;
• Computer skills; 2 years’ work experience in the field or related sections.
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to email@example.com until 05 January, 2019.
Please indicate the name of the position (Cultural Heritage Manager) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.