Sheki Destination Management Organisation Office
Inspire with us for holidays in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the “Holiday in Azerbaijan” brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
The ATB is establishing Destination Management Organisations (DMOs) that will operate in key tourism regions across Azerbaijan, with one of the first being the Sheki region, encompassing the rayons of Sheki, Qakh, Zaqatala, Balaken. The overall purpose of the DMO is to lead, co-ordinate, promote, and manage the long-term sustainable development and marketing of the region and make an important contribution to its competitiveness and attractiveness as a holiday destination.
The ATB is currently seeking to fill two (2) DMO Technical Officer positions at the Sheki DMO office. The aim of the Technical Officer position is to drive the development and positioning of the Sheki DMO region as an attractive and competitive tourism destination. As a part of a small team, the Technical Officers shall support the DMO Director develop and implement activities relating to tourism marketing and communications, tourism product development and tourism training and capacity building. Duties may include developing or supporting local festivals and events, conducting e-marketing activities, developing destination promotional print material, conceptualising and facilitating tourism product development investment activities, and co-ordinating with partners in the delivery of tourism awareness raising and training programmes.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Facilitate and support to co-ordinate market research, surveys, assessments
• Draft content for print and electronic marketing material and organizing distribution
• Provide support in regional data collection
• Draft press releases, co-ordinate fam trips, and support running advertising campaigns
• Participate and support in the implementation of festivals and events
• Draft content and maintain DMO website and / or social media pages
• Evaluate and recommend destination development initiatives
• Communicate with private sector stakeholders to obtain information relating to product development activities
• Update tourism products database and tourism service providers database (accommodation, restaurants, tour operators, local guides, etc.)
• Support with organising meetings and trainings
• Communicating with local businesses and the media including replying to general enquiries (phone, online)
Education and/or Experience:
• Post Graduate Degree in Tourism Management / Marketing / PR / Events Management / Business / Arts
• At least 1 years’ experience working in tourism industry (e.g. hotel, tour company, travel agent, tour guide, meetings / conventions, events, etc.) or at least 2 years’ experience working in services sector
• Demonstrated experience working in marketing and communications
• Demonstrated knowledge of the tourism resources in Sheki, Qakh, Zaqatala and Balaken
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in Azerbaijani
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Not essential, but considered favorably is:
o Experience working in Sheki DMO region (Sheki, Qakh, Zaqatala, Balaken)
o Experience organising events
o Experience working in a customer / guest services role
o English, Russian language skills
Please note the DMO office is in Sheki city. All candidates must therefore be willing to live in Sheki or in the nearby region. Candidates must be willing to be available to start at short notice within the first quarter of 2019.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org until 09 February 2019. Please indicate the name of the position (Technical Officer Sheki DMO) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.