Chef de Cuisine
The chef de cuisine will be responsible for designing the menu, hiring and training kitchen staff, collaborating with restaurant management, optimizing staff productivity, and stepping in to help wherever needed.
To ensure success, you should have excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of kitchen staff in a high-pressure environment. Top candidates are creative individuals with a passion for great food and excellent service.
Chef de Cuisine Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Planning the menu and designing the plating presentation for each dish.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Hiring and training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Stocktaking ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed.
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to regularly update the menu.
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Incorporating feedback from restaurant staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues.
Chef de Cuisine Requirements:
- Qualification from a culinary school.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices.
- Passion for creating incredible food that delights and attracts customers.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Creative, innovative thinking.
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Experience managing inventories and stocktaking.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on holidays.
Please send your CV to email address by mentioning “Chef de Cuisine” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed against position requirements and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.