Front Desk Agent
As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Your day to day:
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out - take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
What we need from you:
- Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Experience - ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position
- Strength - sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
To apply for the position of Front Desk Agent at InterContinental Baku Hotel send your CV by mentioning “Front Desk Agent” in Subject of e-mail.