JOB TITLE: Cost Controller
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
MAIN FUNCTION: Operation and security of food, hotel and beverage stores.
REPORTS TO: Financial Director re financial/reporting/purchasing F&B Manager re cleanliness/issues/quality of supplies, General Manager
DIRECT SUBORDINATES: Storekeeper, Store Utilities
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The entire hotel department stores for food and beverage items only
POSITIONS DEMANDING CLOSE LIAISON
• Hotel Director - Daily operational matters
• Financial Controller - Daily reports, authorization for purchases
• Accountant - Daily reports, day to day stores administration
• Food & Beverage Manager - Quality of purchases, cleanliness, timely issue of items. Hygiene and cleanliness of stores
• Executive Chef - Quality/Issues/Stock Update/Items to use up
• Front Desk Manager - Prepare all necessary customs documentation together with the accountant and be present for inspections
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
• Regular daily inspections of quality and state of items in food store rooms on a minimum of once per day.
• Cleaning inspections and checks of all storerooms.
• Regular inspections on the conditions of refrigerated store rooms must be carried out with regard to temperature control and a temperature log needs to be maintained and kept on or near each walk-in fridge door as per policy.
• All items are to be received and stored in their correct manner according to storing location, packaging, temperature, light, humidity etc. on a first in first out basis to enable stock rotation.
• All storerooms to be cleaned and sanitized daily.
• All issues to be ready by requested time. Storerooms must always be kept locked when not working inside and a great emphasis to be placed on security of inventories.
• All food and beverage orders are to be placed according to company policy liaising with Executive Chef, F&B Manager.
• All administration matters to be carried out according to company policy and the direction of the accountant and the Financial Director.
• Daily contact and exchange of information with Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Head Butcher and Head Pastry.
• Carry out inventories without fail as agreed with Financial Controller or from Head Office of food and beverage stocks.
• Deal with any variances and carry out recounts as informed by Financial Controller.
• The Hotel Cost Controller is directly responsible that the guidelines for handling and cleaning of machines and equipment are strictly followed by all stores crew concerned and that all stores crew are properly trained in correct use of equipment.
• Repair orders should be passed on to the F&B Manager to add to AVO list.
• The Hotel Cost Controller is to follow up on outstanding repairs and communicate accordingly with the Hotel Engineer
With General Manager, Financial Director, Chief Accountant, Executive Chef, F&B Manager, Housekeeper Manager
• Degree in Engineering with specialization in Cost Control related training
• Relevant and similar capacity estimating and cost controlling preferably in Hospitality industry
• Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
• Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills.
• Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
• Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Fast worker with ability to work well under stress
• Completed apprenticeship as a cook in a hotel or restaurant
• English language in spoken and written form is advantage
• Computer skills: Windows XP, Word, Excel, MS Outlook. Additional: Stock Control System,
• Good knowledge of food and beverage items, consumable items.
• Must be knowledgeable in checking quality of goods and in working with supply schedules
Salary: Negotiable (depending on the candidate).
All candidates should send their CV to email@example.com and reflect the subject of the email as: Cost Controller
JOB TITLE: Payroll Accountant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Finance Director
To record payroll entries in the general ledger and function as a back-up for the payroll tax accountant. Carrying out necessary payroll tax payments, enlightening staff on income tax withholding and other necessary deductions, as well as filing payroll tax. Auditing payroll procedure and performing corrective actions as required. The accountant, specializing in payroll issues will also be responsible for testing system upgrade or tax to ensure adherence to internal policies and payroll principles. To process payments to staff promptly.
• Accurately processed payroll as well as monitored vacation/benefit accruals independently
• Actively managed wage garnishments and processed termination checks
• Accepted accountability for the overall teamwork and stood responsible for meeting the deadlines
• Assisted HR department with compensation and benefits for payroll related tasks like processing benefits premiums, wage ceilings, life insurance and overtime pay analysis
• Assisted internal and external auditing procedures related to payroll by following company standards and policies
• Monitored and reviewed complete payroll accounts for verification of accuracy and in case of any discrepancies made appropriate corrections and updates, at the end of every month
• Communicated effectively with all staff responding to their requests and inquiries related to payroll information
• Correctly made payroll related general ledger journal entries for each record
• Created and dispersed payroll vouchers to the company employees every month on the pay day
• Created benefit audits and reports for terminated/retired employees
• Maintained perfect reconciliations of balance sheet accounts related to the payroll
• Executed special research projects regarding payroll management and for detailed analysis of financial facets of payroll
• Organized and maintained outstanding payroll checks and lists in coordination with the HR department
• Managed contacts and communicated regularly with all the internal and external stakeholders ensuring effective flow of information
• Organized files, accounts, ledgers, records, employee books for payroll documents and other related purposes
• Prepared Salary Distribution Journals and other distribution journals every month for payroll accounts
• Processed payroll changes for new hires and terminations ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the process
• Resolved all issues related to payroll tax payments and reported after every pay run making sure that all filings were accurately represented by the tax service provider
• Reconciled tax payments for state and local payroll as well as returns for multiple authorities on monthly basis.
• Timely prepared, verified and reconciled monthly, quarterly and yearly ad hoc, accruals and allowances reports (related to payroll management)
• Accurately compiled, examined and scrutinized payroll costs and calculated reimbursable expenses
To perform his/her tasks successfully, the accountant for payroll will be expected to possess the following outlined skills, abilities and knowledge:
• A minimum of 2-4 years of payroll experience with a relevant first degree with concentration in accounting or other finance related field
• Ability to maintain an optimistic, professional and credible attitude
• Ability to efficiently solve problems by utilizing quality communication skills
• Meticulousness with focus on quality customer service with capability to manage manifold deadlines and priorities
Salary: Negotiable (depending on the candidate).
All candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and reflect the subject of the email as: Payroll Accountant