Department – Front Office
Reports to – Front Office Manager
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL BAKU
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you would like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand, soon in Baku, Azerbaijan.
What’s the job?
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Guest Relations Manager you’ll deliver this through managing all aspects of the Front Desk and Guest Service functions, in accordance with IHG brand and internal hotel standards. You will direct, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. You will also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
• Focuses on the through and creative planning of day and night rooms operations pertaining to the arrival experience, lobby management, guest recognition problem, inventory management & departure experience
• Delivers a consistent and superior guest experience
• Ensures guest requests are satisfied in a timely and personable manner
• Handles the guest comments that could not be resolved by the associates and ensures appropriate follow up. Liaises with relevant departments as necessary
• Ensures the team knowledge and experiences are consistently shared with the department and the organisation
• Ensures a proactive approach to learning and development by identifying and addressing Department learning needs
• Has the ability to remain focused when deadlines, priorities and practices change
• Main contributor to all Rooms Division and external operational briefs and planning meetings
• Ensures that the Team performs in accordance with the divisional SOP guidelines, while at the same time challenges these guidelines and suggest improvements
• Proactively maximises revenue opportunities and ensures that the Guest Relations staff is assisting in achieving key departmental targets Responsible Business
• Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
• Ensures that all the facilities as well as operational equipment are well maintained and regularly inspected
• Perform other duties as assigned.
You will report to the Front Office Manager
What we need from you
• Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Economics/ Tourism/ Hospitality/ Business Administration,
• 1-2 years of Front Office/Guest Service management experience in 5-star hotel. International hotel brand experience is preferable.
• Must speak Azerbaijani, Russian and English on an upper-intermediate (B2) or higher level.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera PMS
• Must be extremely guest-service oriented and well-organised as well as have the abilities of multitasking and problem-solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
In return, we will give you a competitive salary and insurance package, hotel discounts worldwide and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we will give you Room to be yourself. So, what is your passion?
Salary package is negotiable
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please send your resume, attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Guest Relations Manager” in the subject line.